Social media is one of the fastest growing careers in the marketing field. As organizations continue to move toward using digital and social media, the demand for social media specialists will continue to rise. In addition to understanding marketing fundamentals, social media professionals must be proficient at creating digital content as well as maintaining different social media platforms. The Certificate in Social Media provides both the technical training in creating content and the strategic training in planning and implementing social media campaigns.
5830 Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Social Media Marketing
Other Degree Options
- Associate of Applied Science in General Business
- Associate of Business University Transfer Degree
- Certificate in Marketing
Classes are offered in a variety of formats: in-person, online, day, and evening. All are available in accelerated (5- or 8-week) formats.
How long will it take?
Students who take at least 9 credits per semester can complete the certificate in two semesters.
The estimated tuition and fees for the entire program are $1,542 for Maricopa County residents and $7,218 for out-of-county residents.
The total cost of textbooks will vary depending on choice of rental or purchase options. Some courses do not require textbooks. Students can expect to spend $200-$400 for the entire program.
Students can expect to spend $150 for the entire program. Some courses do not require textbooks.
- CIS103: Introduction to Social Media
- MKT110: Marketing and Social Media
- MKT271: Principles of Marketing
- Total credits: 9
- GBS233: Business Communication
- MKT111: Applied Marketing and Social Networking
- MKT280AB: Internship OR MKT298AB: Capstone Project
- Total credits: 8
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Social Media Marketing is designed to provide useful skills important in a variety of strategic marketing areas, e.g., social media, digital communications, integrated marketing, media relations, and brand management.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses within the program.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|ENG101||First-Year Composition (3) OR|
|ENG107||First-Year Composition for ESL (3) OR|
|Permission of Instructor (0)||0-3|
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CIS103||Introduction to Social Media||3|
|GBS233||Business Communication (3) OR|
|JRN203||Writing for Online Media (3)||3|
|MKT271||Principles of Marketing||3|
|MKT110||Marketing and Social Networking||3|
|MKT111||Applied Marketing and Social Networking||3|
|GBS282AB||Volunteerism General Business: Service Learning Experience (2) OR|
|MKT280AB||Marketing Internship (2) OR|
|MKT296WB||Cooperative Education (2) OR|
|MKT298AB||Special Projects (2)||2|
- Describe social media marketing and differentiate it from other approaches to influencing behaviors and social change. (CIS103, MKT110, MKT271)
- List the differences between social media for personal use versus social media marketing for professional businesses. (CIS103, MKT110)
- Identify community, state, province, national, regional, and/or international priorities, and explain those for which a social media marketing approach may be appropriate. (MKT110, MKT111, MKT271)
- Identify and segment populations and select appropriate, high priority social media networks. (CIS103, MKT110, MKT271)
- Select and apply relevant social media marketing theories, models, frameworks and research to create a social media marketing strategic campaign that develops a relationship between the brand and the target audience. (MKT110, MKT111)
- Create an integrated social marketing mix strategy that extends beyond communications only campaigns, with consideration of all appropriate evidence-based tools and theory needed to influence a desired behavior. (GBS233, JRN203, MKT110, MKT111, MKT271)
- Explain and analyze the effectiveness, acceptability and ethical principles that apply to social media marketing strategies. (CIS103, GBS233, JRN203, GBS282AB, MKT110, MKT271, MKT280AB, MKT296WB, MKT298AB)
- Create and document digital and integrated marketing communications for a social media marketing campaign. (CIS103, GBS233, JRN203, MKT110, MKT111, MKT271, MKT280AB, MKT296WB, MKT298AB)
- Document work responsibilities, research, service learning or educational experiences related to a social media marketing career field. (GBS233, JRN203, GBS282AB, MKT280AB, MKT296WB, MKT298AB)