Professional Dance Training and Dance for Fun!
SCC Dance is a nationally recognized and award-winning dance program. We provide a safe and encouraging environment and have classes for students of all ages and levels in various styles of dance. We train our students using sound kinesiological practices to foster effective and efficient movement. Our faculty are passionate experts in the field and are collectively here to help all our students attain their dancing goals. We have 3 degree/certificate options for students wanting to study dance for a future or continuing career in the profession. There are many performance and choreographic opportunities and we bring in 3 or more nationally well-known guest artists per year to teach free master classes and set choreography on our performance classes. You can be you at SCC Dance and will become a part of the Dancing Artichoke family!
5979 Certificate of Completion (CCL) - Dance Performance and Technology
- 2 years minimum
- Approximately $4,456*
3019 Associates of Applied Science (AAS) - Dance Performance and Technology
- 2 years + summer classes minimum
- Approximately $6,348*
8103 Associates of Arts, Fine Arts (AAFA) Dance
- 3 years + summer classes minimum
- Approximately $8,004*
*For Maricopa County residents. Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attend this program is available at Tuition and Fees.
- Recipient of 14 Vibrant Arts Grants as well as numerous MCLI Learning Grants and Visiting Artist Grants
- Gala Honors at numerous regional American College Dance Association conferences
- National Honors for student and faculty choreography from the American College Dance Association
- Any student can enroll in level-1 technique classes
- Advising meetings for dance majors can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Experienced dancers must attend a placement audition
- For special permission to take upper-level technique classes email email@example.com - Please provide us with what class you want to take, your training background and your student ID#.
- For permission to take upper-level technique class either:
Find us online!
- Performance opportunities
- Choreographic opportunities
- Workshops with professional dance guest artists
- Service Learning
- Attend American College Dance Association Conferences