Success in college courses requires more advanced study skills. While most students already have some study skills from their high school education, college is a time to add to and improve upon those skills. The Counseling Department provides courses to help support students to be successful in college and to achieve their personal, educational, and career goals.
CPD 150 (Strategies for College Success; 3 credits)
CPD 102AB (Career Exploration; 2 credits)
CPD 160 (Introduction to Multiculturalism, 3 credits)
CPD 102AH (Stress Management, 2 credits)
CPD 103BE (Native American Cultural Pride and Awareness, 2 credits)
Top 5 Ways Counseling Can Help You Be a Successful College Student
- Take CPD 150 to improve your study skills
- Take CPD 102AB to decide your major and future career path
- Work with a counselor to improve your study skills
- Work with a counselor on personal development and stress management
- Provide referrals to community resources that can support your success
Online resources for mental health and stress management
Monday - Thursday 8am - 7pm
Friday 8am - 5pm
Closed on Fridays in the summer
Phone (480) 423-6524
Feeling overwhelmed? Stressed out? Just need to talk?
If you are interested in meeting with a counselor, please call (480) 423-6524 for an appointment or visit our office in SC‑108. Information discussed in meetings with counselors is confidential.
Learn more about the types of counseling services offered at SCC.