The Associate of Business (“ABUS”) degree at SCC prepares students for transfer into an upper-division business program at a university. Students can transfer at least 64 credits to the business schools at the University of Arizona, Northern Arizona University, Arizona State University, and many private schools in-state and out-of-state. Many of these universities require that you complete the ABUS.
Students wanting to pursue an ABUS and transfer to a university to complete a bachelor’s degree in business should be serious about business as a major. The ABUS is one of the more difficult associate degrees to complete.
Why complete the ABUS at SCC?
- Up to 64 credits transfer toward a 120-credit bachelor's degree
- Completion of Arizona General Education Requirements (AGEC) guarantees admission to to any state university
- Smaller classes - more personalized instruction
- Business instructors with industry experience
- Free tutoring for tough courses
- Much lower tuition than universities - save money for two years
- Free parking and close access to classrooms
Note: Completion of a Business Transfer Associate Degree guarantees your acceptance to an Arizona state university and qualifies you to apply for the university's business school. However, it does NOT guarantee your acceptance to the business school. Separate application and high GPAs may be required.