SCC Commencement – May 11, 2023
The formal 2023 Commencement proceedings to recognize all graduating students will take place from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick, located on the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community near Scottsdale. The event will be live-streamed so that all family, friends, and loved ones will have the opportunity to attend.
Important information for all attendees:
- Parking: You and your guests can access free parking via the main entrance at 7555 N. Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
- Graduate Check-In: Takes place between 5:45pm-6:30pm. Graduates will proceed to the Pepsi Patio, located on the rooftop. Graduates should arrive no later than 6:30pm.
- Personal Items: Graduates, please leave all personal items with your guests (as there’s no place to store items during the ceremony).
- Attire: Please come dressed in your SCC GOLD cap & gown. The SCC gold cap & gown is required in order to participate in the ceremony. Please be sure to wear comfortable shoes as you will be walking across a grass field during the ceremony.
Important – The following items are not allowed at Commencement:
- Outside food or drink
- Air horns
- Confetti and other materials that will leave a mess or be disruptive
- Guns and firearms
View the Livestream of SCC's In-person Commencement (Scheduled for May 11, 2023)
For the 2022-2023 academic year, SCC is awarding 611 associate degrees and 203 certificates of completion. A total of 173 graduates are participating in the Commencement ceremony (as of April 26).
"Graduation is a celebratory milestone for our students, their families, and their support networks," said SCC President Eric Leshinskie. "I am so proud of our students for their achievements, and I am extremely grateful they chose SCC to pursue their academic and personal goals."
The ceremony will include presentations by President Leshinskie; Dr. Eddie Lamperez, SCC’s Dean of Instruction; Martin Harvier, the Honorable President of the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community; graduating student Ethan Brigstock and alumnus Gabriel Garcia; and more.
View the 53rd Annual Commencement Ceremony program
Celebrate your achievement on SCC’s Social Wall – May 1-30, 2023
Join the Artichoke Wall of Fame by posting on Twitter or Instagram using the dedicated hashtag #ArtichokeGrad for all SCC commencement-related posts. The Artichoke Grad 2023 Social Wall will be live from May 1 through May 30 (see below).
Anyone can post directly to the Social Wall even if they do not have a social media account. Click the green "Add a post" button on the upper left of the Social Wall, or text an image and/or message to 1-681-206‑8499 (all standard messaging rates from your provider apply). Friends and family are invited to post to the Social Wall from their social media accounts or by using one of the methods above. Posts will appear after review.
For more information, please email [email protected] or phone (480) 423-6100.
Additional SCC graduation information