Artichokes, welcome to the Fall 2020 semester!
Your safety and security is our number one priority. While campus life may be a bit different for now, all SCC faculty and staff are committed to making sure you have a meaningful educational experience, whether it’s through in-person, online or hybrid classes.
This page will have the most current information available related to how SCC is responding to the global pandemic – and we are committed to communicating with you as updates become available. You can also refer to the Maricopa Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website for more information.
The SCC campus is open on a limited basis to students attending an in-person class or those with an appointment. If you wish to engage in any student support service outside of the classroom, please connect with them first at our SCC Connect With Us website. Students are encouraged to contact their instructors for any additional class information.
We have implemented a number of safety protocols below based on the most current scientific and public health guidelines, and as required by the Salt River Pima - Maricopa Indian Community, Maricopa County and the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD).
Anyone on the SCC campus is required to:
- Wear a face covering or mask.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face.
- Enter/exit classrooms as indicated to minimize unnecessary contact with others.
- Take advantage of hand-sanitizer stations and temperature self-screening stations.
- Monitor your health and stay home if you’re not feeling well, especially if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, or received a positive diagnosis.
- Report a positive COVID diagnosis to your instructor and submit the online reporting form.