The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Technical Theatre: Cosplay I is designed to provide students with the skills to create characters in the world of Cosplay. The courses explore the history, culture, and rules of Cosplay, as well as costume, makeup, wigs, and properties development and use. A Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Technical Theatre and the Associate in Arts, Fine Arts (AAFA), Emphasis in Theatre are also available.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|TEC111||Clothing Construction (3) OR|
|THP206||Introduction to Costume Construction for Theatre (4)||3-4|
|THF115||Makeup for Stage and Screen||3|
|THP208||Costume Play Solo Performance Practicum||3|
|THP251||Safety Practices in Theatre and Film Production||1|
- Demonstrate proficiency in properties construction, basic drafting, and hand and power tool usage. (THP208, THP250, THP251)
- Demonstrate proficiency in hand sewing, basic pattern drafting, and machine sewing. (TEC111, THP206, THP208, THP250)
- Take accurate measurements using industry standards. (THP206, THP208, THP250)
- Research historical, cultural, and social rules of conventions and Cosplay for the effective creation and performance of a chosen character. (THP208)
- Utilize shop tools for the creation of Cosplay costumes and props. (THF115, THP208, THP250, THP251)
- Recognize shop roles and responsibilities including safety protocols. (TEC111, THF115, THP206, THP208, THP250, THP251)
- Differentiate between various materials and hardware types and their uses. (TEC111, THP206, THP208, THP250)
- Demonstrate the ability to select and employ proper techniques for application of makeup and the application, construction, and styling of wigs and hairpieces, appropriate to the needs of the project. (THP208, THF115)
- Demonstrate foundational skills in design, technical, and performance practices for effective communication and personal expression across various artistic genres. (THP208)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.