The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Microsoft Desktop Associate program is designed to provide students with background knowledge and skills required for learning the specific tasks and industry recognized standards associated with how to effectively install and configure Windows operating systems. The course includes basic features of the Windows operating system, virtualization improvements, network connectivity, access to resources, monitor and maintain Windows clients and backup and recovery. It is designed to prepare students for the Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate certification exam. Students who complete this program may seek employment in a variety of environments. Students can also pursue additional Certificates of Completion (CCL) in a variety of specializations within the information technology field to deepen their knowledge and skills and to help prepare them for multiple industry certification exams. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Network and Systems Administration is also available.
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Install, configure, and manage a Microsoft operating system.
- Configure and manage resource security with permissions based access control including file system permissions.
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include AAA/CPD150, AAA/CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Microsoft Desktop Associate (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=143633).
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.