The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Corrections program is designed for students intending to pursue careers in various correctional components of the justice system, including parole, probation, jail, and prisons. Focus is broader learning about the correction function in the context of overall administration of justice system.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|AJS101||Introduction to Criminal Justice||3|
|AJS123||Ethics and the Administration of Justice (3) OR|
|AJS255||Crime, Law, and Mental Health (3)||3|
|AJS212||Juvenile Justice Procedures||3|
|AJS240||The Correction Function||3|
|AJS205||Criminal Justice Report Writing (3) OR|
|AJS275||Criminal Investigation (3)||3|
- Synthesize multiple sources of information to make timely assessments. (AJS101, AJS123, AJS240, AJS255, AJS275)
- Solve problems through logical and sound reasoning. (AJS101, AJS123, AJS205, AJS212, AJS240, AJS255, AJS275)
- Communicate orally, visually and in writing precisely, appropriately, and effectively to varied audiences. (AJS101, AJS212, AJS240, AJS255, AJS275)
- Communicate in the language common to the criminal justice system. (AJS101, AJS212, AJS240, AJS255, AJS275)
- Collaborate with diverse agencies, community representatives and individuals to achieve common goals. (AJS101, AJS123, AJS212, AJS240, AJS255)
- Apply the principles and processes of criminal and constitutional law, criminology theory, knowledge of the functions and components of the criminal justice system, and current issues to criminal justice operations. (AJS101, AJS123, AJS212, AJS240, AJS255)
- Utilize technology to collect, analyze and communicate data. (AJS101, AJS240, AJS255, AJS275)
- Practice professional standards appropriate to the field of criminal justice. (AJS101, AJS123, AJS240, AJS255, AJS275)
- Subscribe to and practice ethical behavior appropriate to the field of criminal justice. (AJS101, AJS123, AJS240, AJS255, AJS275)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate information about this degree or certificate. However, the information above represents current requirements for the academic year and may change as the result of the curricular process. This course list does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.