Avoid problems with receiving benefits
- Fill out the pay request form completely.
- Report any schedule changes to the Veteran Service Office (VSO).
- Provide the VSO with copies of all transcripts (military and academic).
- Be aware of short-term and fast-track classes
- Make the monthly verification part of a routine (chap. 30, 1606, 1607).
- All punitive grades are payable, but extended academic probation will suspend your benefits.
Break Pay is no longer offered by Veterans Affairs.
Advance Pay is for a veteran who has had a break in enrollment and benefits or is new to benefits. The veteran may ask for an advance in pay at the beginning of the term. Veterans electing to use the Chapter 33 post 9/11 benefit are not currently eligible for advance pay.
Work Study Program may be available to any student receiving veterans education benefits and attending any college three-quarter time or more. The student may work at a college veteran’s office, VA Medical Facilities, VA Regional Office, or at approved state employment office. Work-study students are paid minimum wage, and theses payments are non-taxable.
Prior official transcripts from any college, university, or military school you have attended should be requested for SCC Admissions Office, and a copy (unofficial or student copy) submitted to Veterans Services. All official transcripts must be sent from institution to institution, hand carried transcripts are not accepted in A&R.