Checklist for attending Scottsdale Community College:
- Apply for admissions to Scottsdale Community College through SCC Admissions and Records Office (A&R).
- Please request all prior transcripts from previous colleges to be sent to SCC A&R.
- Take appropriate placement tests to determine Math, English, and Reading proficiency.
- Meet with an academic advisor, and register for classes.
- Fill out and submit a Pay Request form, application for benefits (for appropriate chapter), and your receipt/class schedule to the Veterans Office. Extensions for payment of tuition and book loans are available on request. Please supply copies of :
- DD214 – member 4
- DD2384 (NOBE) – chapter 1606 only
- Letter of eligibility (when received)
- Academic Plan (Degree check sheet reviewed with an advisor)
- Once all the required paperwork plus VA forms are submitted to Veteran Services, VA will be notified of your enrollment.
*** Pay Request Forms are required to be filled out for every semester ***
Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill
The Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) is available for those who enlist in the U.S. Armed Forces. Under Chapter 30, Active Duty members enroll and pay $100 per month for 12 months, and are then entitled to receive a monthly education benefit once they have completed a minimum service obligation. Complete VA form 22-1990 (Application for education Benefits).
Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation
Have a service-connected disability rating of at least 10%, or a memorandum rating of 20% or more from the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA), and have not applied for voc rehab previously.
Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI-Bill
Introduced on August 1, 2009, the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill is for veterans who served active duty time on or after 9/11/01. It covers tuition and book expenses, as well as a monthly living stipend based on BAH rates for an E-5 with dependents. Eligibility is based on time served and may only be eligible for a percentage of the full benefit. Complete VA form 22-1990 Application for education Benefits.
Chapter 33 TOE: Transfer of Post-9/11 GI-Bill Benefits to Dependents
An eligible service member may transfer up to the total months of unused Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits, or the entire 36 months if the member has used none (unless DOD/DHS limits the number of months an individual may transfer).
Chapter 35: Survivors & Dependents Assistance
The children and/or spouse of a veteran who died or is permanently and totally disabled as the result of a service-connected disability. The disability must arise out of active service in the Armed Forces. Complete VA Form 22-5490 Application for Education Benefits.
Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve
Created for reserve and guardsman to receive assistance while continuing their commitment. Complete VA form 22-1990 Application for education Benefits
***Students receiving benefits under Chapters 30 and 1606 are required to verify enrollment every month by either calling 1 (877) 823-2378 or going to the WAVE system***