Scottsdale Community College
Fitness and Wellness Center
Policies and Procedures
Attire: Enclosed Shoes Only. When attending classes that require bare feet, you must always wear shoes while walking through the FWC, aerobic equipment room, and restrooms.
- Appropriate workout attire required.
- Please avoid street clothes and any clothing with zippers or belts.
Age Requirement: Students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times and have the permission of the FWC Manager to enroll. A parent/guardian must co-sign the back of the intake form during orientation.
Program: If you are enrolled in the FWC, you are entitled to a one-on-one fifty minute session with an instructor. Instructors will work with you to develop an exercise program that will help you achieve your individual goals. Instructors will show you how to use various pieces of equipment to attain your fitness goals. A spreadsheet of your program will be created and housed in the filing cabinet in the FWC for easy retrieval.
ID Card: You need an ID card to enter the Fitness and Wellness Center. You must wear your ID card while in the Fitness and Wellness Center. A replacement ID card can be issued for a $2 fee.
Towels: Towels are provided to you for personal use and to wipe equipment down after use. Feel free to use as many towels as you need, but please leave them in the Fitness and Wellness Center when you leave.
Lockers: If you would like a permanent locker for the semester, please see the person at the front desk. Lockers are available to students who shower and/or change in the Fitness and Wellness Center. If you do not have an assigned locker, please do not leave personal locks on any locker overnight. The FWC is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Any unclaimed items in the lockers 30 days after the end of each semester will be donated to charity.
Concerns: If you have any concerns, please talk to the instructor. If your problem is not resolved, please see the Coordinator.
Fitness and Wellness Center Rules
- You must check in at the front desk before entering the exercise area and check out before leaving. ID Badges are required at all times.
- Only AZ Community College Certified Fitness Instructors hired and trained by SCC may give instruction on the proper use of exercise equipment and exercise technique. No outside personal trainers or therapists are permitted to assist students in the FWC.
- Use of tobacco in any form is prohibited.
- No food or beverages except for water.
- Be courteous and respectful of others.
- Follow time limits posted on the machines.
- No bags or purses beyond the front desk
- Wipe down the equipment with the towels provided.
- Do not rest on the exercise equipment.
- Use of Cellular Phones while on the equipment is prohibited. Please take your calls to the lobby.
- If you need assistance, please ask.
- Limit the use of perfume or cologne.
Weight Room Rules
- Always re-rack your weights.
- Use a spotter when needed.
- Always use collars.
- Do not drop weights on the floor.
- Do not set weights/dumbbells on benches.
- No horseplay.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
Aerobic Room Rules
- You must check-in at the Front desk before class start.
- No black soled shoes on the aerobic floor.
- Clean shoes thoroughly before entering the Aerobic Room.
- Do not slide, drop, or drag equipment on the floor.
- No bags or purses allowed in the Aerobic room.
Indoor Walking/Running Track Rules
- Walk in inner lane.
- Jog in middle lane.
- Run in outer lane.
- Clock-wise direction on even days.
- Counter clock-wise direction on odd days.