Welcome to the Disability Resources and Services Site
The Scottsdale Community College Disability Resources and Services (DRS) Office provides accommodations and services to students with disabilities to ensure they have equal access to all SCC programs, services, and activities. Our office strives to empower students, foster independence, and promote achievement of realistic career and educational goals. The DRS Office, along with the campus community, will assist students to discover, develop, and demonstrate their full potential and abilities.
Sign Up for Disability Services
A student wishing to register for services must meet MCCCD admissions requirements, or be enrolled as an MCCCD student, and must provide Disability Resources and Services (DRS) with required documentation verifying the nature and extent of the disability prior to receiving any accommodation. The DRS Director/Program Advisor is responsible for evaluating documentation and determining accommodation eligibility.
We have recently changed our processes for registering and requesting accommodations. If you are new to Scottsdale Community College (SCC), please take a moment to log into DRS Connect to get started with registering with the DRS office. If you already registered with our office, please sign in to DRS Connect to start requesting your accommodations. If you have any questions or experience difficulties with this process, please contact our office for assistance. We aspire to establish equal access for all students and look forward to working with you.
Connecting with DRS to request reasonable accommodations is a simple process. Please read this information to learn more about documentation and other campus resources. This process is applicable for all students with disabilities within MCCCD.
- Complete the DRS Connect application online.
- Have your MEID and password available and your SCC Student Identification number.
- Expect to spend between 5 and 15 minutes.
- Upload documentation about your disability and/or past use of accommodations that will assist DRS in considering your request.
- Scan your documentation and upload the file(s) after completing the request form.
- Call (480) 423-6517 if you have questions or difficulty with file upload.
- Expect contact from the DRS office within a week after you complete the form.
- Call DRS (480) 423-6517 with questions.
- Submit the disability/accommodation documentation you have available.
- Helpful information may include:
- Medical records
- Psychoeducational test reports
- School records
Note: Accommodations are not retroactive. A student with appropriate documentation and approval of DRS staff is entitled to services/accommodations from that date forward. It is important to request academic accommodations each semester.