The Center for Civic and Global Engagement provides many student resources and leadership opportunities for all of our students at SCC. We believe that your campus experience and education can far exceed your time in the classroom. Statistically it has been shown that students that are engaged in clubs and organization, leadership classes, retreats, and community services activities have excelled in business and in life.
Check out our list of resources below and see if there is something that fits for you!
- College Transit Subsidy Program for Faculty, Staff & Students
Stop by the office to receive a bus pass TODAY!
- Local or Express pass must be enrolled at the time of purchase in a minimum of 3 credits at SCC.
- Semester Pass: You must be enrolled at the time of purchase in a minimum of 12 credits at SCC.
- You must commute to campus at least one day per week via bus or light rail.
- You must document residency status in accordance with Proposition 300 and HB 2008.
- You must purchase the transit pass in the SCC Bookstore within 24 hours of registering for it either in the Center for Civic and Global Engagement office or at their website: http://www.scottsdalecc.edu/transit-pass.
While SCC does not have on-campus housing, a bulletin board in the Student Center's Cafeteria hallway provides posting for students looking for housing or roommates. These 30-day postings must be stamped in the Center for Civic and Global Engagement Office. It is advisable that students personally inspect any accommodations or request references before entering into housing arrangements. For apartment locating services please contact Randy with Valley King Properties at (480) 756-2785.
- Student Accident & Health Insurance
Brochures on available student accident and health insurance plans can be picked up in the office. Plans are valid for students at all Maricopa Colleges and underwritten by a reputable company. Please refer to the district policy at http://my.maricopa.edu/health-insurance/
- Phone, FAX, & More!
FREE to students is the use of a phone for local calls and a FAX machine for school related needs.
- Student ID Cards
Student ID Cards are available to students beginning one (1) week prior to your first day of class. Come by the Center for Civic and Global Engagement office with a picture ID and your Student ID Number. Classes must be paid for or you must be registered through Financial Aid or the Payment Plan. Your first ID card is FREE; replacement cards are $2; pay first in the Cashier's office.
- Calculator Rentals
Calculators can be rented through the Media Center in the IT Department.
- Voter Registration
Voter registration forms are available to you in the Center for Civic and Global Engagement office. To register on-line, please visit the Secretary of State's Web Page http://www.azsos.gov/election/VoterRegistration.htm.
To register to vote in Arizona, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a resident of Arizona and the country listed on your registration.
- Be 18 years of age or more on or before the day of the next General Election.
- Able to write his or her name or make his or her mark (unless physically disabled).
You cannot register to vote in Arizona if:
- You have been convicted of a felony and have not yet had your civil rights restored.
- You have been adjudicated incompetent.
- Student Public Policy Forum
The Student Public Policy Forum (SPPF) is an academic program that provides an overview of local, state and national public policy-making. A focus is placed on experiential learning and leadership development through engagement in the public policy process. Students will have an opportunity to meet with a variety of elected officials and those working in the public policy arena. Students from all backgrounds, majors and political experiences are encouraged to participate. The SPPF Spring Academy culminates in travel to Washington, D.C. For more information, see the flyer to the right or contact SCC Center for Civic & Global Engagement Director Therese Tendick (firstname.lastname@example.org or (480) 423-6722).