Safety & Security Programs
SCC Public Safety, in conjunction with the Salt River Police Department, conducts programs throughout the year to inform students and employees of safety and security policies, procedures, and practices. Additional crime prevention presentations are available by special request.
- Public Safety Department provides on-campus escort services between buildings and parking lots. Call Public Safety at 36175 from any campus telephone. An officer will respond to your location and accompany you to your vehicle.
- Assistance will be provided to disabled motor vehicle owners who lock their keys inside their vehicles.
- Campus police officers are trained to respond in emergency situations.
- Public safety officers routinely conduct facilities inspections to ensure a safe campus.
Lost and Found Property
Lost and found property is kept at the Public Safety Office, which is located on the NE corner of the Library Building (LB152). If you lose property at the College, please check with Public Safety to ascertain if the item has been found. The telephone number is (480) 423-6175 (or 36175 from a campus phone).
Articles turned in to Lost and Found will be held for thirty days. Items not claimed within this period of time will be disposed of in accordance with established procedure.
The following items are kept for 30 days:
- Books: Textbooks, Notebooks, Binders, and Folders
- Electronics: Laptops, Mobile Phones, PDA’s, iPod’s, Calculators
- Jewelry: Necklaces, Earrings, Bracelets, Wristwatches, Rings
- Clothing: Jackets, Pants, Shoes, Shirts, Skirts,
- Contact Lenses, Glasses, Sunglasses
- Keys, Wallets, Purses, ID Cards
- And any other item of value
Any items deemed unsanitary are disposed of immediately. They incude but are not limited to:
- Personal Hygiene Items: Hairbrushes, Hair Clips, Make-up, Lotions
- Clothing: Socks, Undergarments, Towels
- Perishables, Lunch Boxes, Bottles, Coffee Mugs
- Chemicals and Medical items
- And any other items deemed unsanitary
Crime Awareness and Prevention
At the beginning of each fall and spring semester, Scottsdale Community College conducts a general student orientation program. This program includes information and instruction regarding college safety and security policies, procedures, and practices.
Timely reports of all criminal activity reported to Public Safety are made available through weekly updates.
All students, employees, and visitors are encouraged to be active participants in the college’s efforts to keep the campus a safe place. You can become involved by taking common sense precautions with your personal safety and the security of your property. Public Safety recommends that all members of the college community maintain a constant awareness of their surroundings and control of personal property. You also should report any observation of suspected crimes, unusual or suspicious activities, and emergencies to Public Safety.