Scottsdale Community College is a great place to begin your college experience. Whether your goal is to advance your career or train for a new one, SCC has hundreds of courses designed to help you earn an associate's degree, professional certification, or provide a strong foundation for university transfer. SCC's dedicated faculty and staff members are eager to help you create your own path to an enriching educational experience and successful future. Request info to learn more about SCC. If you're ready to get started, just follow these simple student registration steps. Get here. Go far.
Student Registration Steps
1. Create a plan to pay your tuition and fees [ details ]
For questions, contact the Financial Aid Answer Center (Open 24/7) - 1(800) 622-2332 or Cashier's Office - SS-138, (480) 423-6148
Consider Financial Aid, scholarships or a payment plan. Tuition is due 35 calendar days before the class start date or the same day you register if it is less than 35 days to the class start date. Detailed information can be found at www.scottsdalecc.edu/admissions/financial-aid-scholarships.
2. Set up your MEID and Student ID Number [ details ]
Go to My.maricopa.edu and select “New Student? Click Here.”
Questions? Call the Helpdesk at 1(888) 994-4433
The MEID is your username for online services and the student ID is used for in-person services. Go to my.maricopa.edu and select “New Student? Click Here.” You can also visit the Welcome Center on campus to get started. Questions? Call the Helpdesk at 1‑888‑994‑4433. Write down your:
MEID ______________________ Student ID# _____________________(8-digits) Remember to set up your password and keep it in a safe place.
3. Take Placement Tests [ details ]
Testing Center - SC 150 (480) 423-6433
Take the Accuplacer placement test (WritePlacer, Reading Comprehension and Math) (about 2 ½ hours). New students must take all three sections of the placement test before registering. Study guides, sample questions and testing hours are available on-line at www.scottsdalecc.edu/testingcenter. Photo ID and SCC Student ID number are required for all testing.
Outside of the Scottsdale area? Remote/Proctored Accuplacer test possibilities may be available in your local area. Please contact the Testing Center at email@example.com to request more information on how to complete your placement test at a local test site.
4. Get Admitted to Scottsdale Community College [ details ]
Admissions & Records - SS 136 (480) 423-6100
Log in to your ‘Student Center’ at my.maricopa.edu, then select “MCCCD Admissions” to complete admissions online, or you can complete a Student Information Form and submit it to Admissions and Records. A photo ID is required for in person transactions.
5. Activate your Maricopa email account [ details ]
Go to Google.Maricopa.edu and click on "Maricopa Email."
Call 1(800) 994-4433 if you need assistance.
Log in to your ‘Student Center’ at my.maricopa.edu and select ‘Official Student Email’. Follow the steps indicated to activate your account. Your Maricopa email address will be yourMEID@maricopa.edu. This is the only email address the college uses for official correspondence. Be sure to also check your ‘Message Center’ in your Student Center.
6. Verify Citizenship and Residency [ details ]
Admissions & Records - SS 136 (480) 423-6100
To qualify for in-state tuition you must visit Admissions and Records to provide a document verifying your citizenship (required by AZ law) and to determine your residency in Arizona. Examples of the most common acceptable citizenship documents are a valid AZ driver’s license/ID, passport, US birth certificate, or tribal ID card.
7. Get Advised - SOAR Session [ details ]
SOAR - LIB 463 (480) 423-6539
New college students must attend SOAR (Scottsdale Orientation, Advising and Registration) to get advised and register. View SOAR schedule.
Transfer Students should meet with an academic advisor in the Academic and Career Advising Center and must bring unofficial transcripts of all college coursework completed. No appointment is needed to see an advisor. Academic and Career Advisement Center, Student Center Building room - SC 130 (480) 423-6539.
8. Register for Classes [ details ]
My.maricopa.edu or Admissions & Records (480) 423-6100
New students will register at SOAR with advisor assistance. Registration after a class starts will not be permitted. Students must be enrolled in a class and in attendance on the first day of class.
Online: Log in to your Student Center at My.maricopa.edu and select “Add a Class”
In Person: Complete a registration form and submit it to Admissions and Records
If you are an international student, or interested in taking college credit while you are still in high school, the admissions process is a little different. Please contact the SCC Admissions & Records Office for additional information.
Get ready for classes - follow these important tips!
- Apply for financial aid and scholarships. [ details ] Some aid is limited, so apply early. Apply online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. For questions, contact the Financial Aid office (SS-141), (480) 423‑6549. It is very important that you log in to your ‘Student Center’ at My.maricopa.edu to view your Message Center and To Do List for important updates on the status of your financial aid, on a regular (daily) basis. For questions, contact the Financial Aid office (SS-141), (480) 423‑6549.
- Set up a payment plan for your tuition & fees. [ details ] Once you have registered for classes, payment plans are available and must be set up online at My.maricopa.edu
- Get your free SCC student photo ID. [ details ] Stop by the Center for Civic & Global Engagement with a copy of your class schedule and another photo ID. IDs are available starting one week before your classes start. (SC‑185, next to the cafeteria), (480) 423‑6590.
- Purchase or rent books. [ details ] Book information is listed in your online class schedule. Purchase or rent early for the best selection of used books. Bookstore (SC-104), (480) 423‑6554, http://www.scottsdale.bkstr.com.