As of Fall 2009, this became the official method to receive/send email from/to your instructor, and receive communications from your college and the Maricopa County Community College District in general.
Here are the benefits of MCCCD Student Email:
- A lifetime email address, a reliable, secure email service, and a powerful anti-spam service.
- 7 GB of storage space
- Useful collaboration tools such as Google Docs, an online suite of office productivity applications featuring word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Access to calendaring, tasks, and scheduling features
- Instant messaging with voice and video
- The .edu address entitles you to educational discounts to software, etc.
If you are an existing student - you will use your existing college identification number (MEID) and password. That means a student who has “XXXX” as a MEID, for example, would have an address of “XXXX@Maricopa.edu.”
If you are a new student - you must sign up for an MEID, at which time you'll automatically be given a corresponding address in the new email system.
My Maricopa and Canvas
The @maricopa.edu email account will be automatically loaded into both My Maricopa and Canvas. Email sent via Canvas will be sent via the student’s Maricopa email. You are responsible for communications sent to this address.