Skip to main content
Scottsdale Community College - Learn. Grow. Achieve
Fetching Content....

Facility Rental Information

Welcome to the community information page regarding SCC campus spaces for rent to external organizations. We suggest you read the Rental Procedure Overview to familiarize yourself with our procedures. Additional Information outlines catering services, rental rates, insurance requirements, Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community permits and licenses required, maps and parking instructions.

Rental Procedure Overview

Purpose:  Procedures to rent space on campus by an external organization that is a commercial business, or a non-profit, or non-commercial entity, or a program, or for team event purposes. Availability varies by date, time and type of event. SCC is closed on Sundays.

Users who are selling products, services, or ideas; or non-commercial-information-only  entitities wanting to share with our students, should see the link entitled, “Use of College Grounds Permit.”

Call the Facilities Scheduling Services (FSS) office to discuss your event needs at (480) 423-6506. Or complete the online External Event Inquiry Form.

  • We need to know the date(s) of the event, time(s), number of people expected, room layout requirements, and audiovisual equipment needed. Click here for campus maps.
  • With that information we can recommend the space(s) that will work best for your event needs and tentatively hold the space of your choice while you gather all required documents to finalize your reservation.
  • An email copy of your tentative reservation will be sent. To officially confirm your reservation several items are required to be on file with our office before your event. These include a Certificate of Insurance, Special Use Permit, Facility Use Agreement, and payment.
  1. Certificate of Insurance must be submitted in advance of your event. View Insurance Requirements. Those without insurance may purchase general liability from MCCD. See the Certificate of Insurance tab.
  2. Special Use Permit issued directly to you by the Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community, Planning Services Division,  located at 8800 East Chaparral Road, Suite 210, Scottsdale.  Please allow four (4) weeks for the permit to be issued. We need a copy of your permit–keep the original copy with you while on campus.  SRPMIC Special Use Permit Application - Fillable
  3. A SRPMIC Business or Film/Video License, or Food Permit, may be required depending on your event. This determination is made by the SRPMIC when you contact them—instructions are included in the application in item #2 above.

A Facility Use Agreement will be created by the SCC FSS office for signature by your official company representative. This must be signed and returned to the SCC FSS office before your event date. You may send by mail, Fax, or email.

Your total rental fee will be assessed, in accordance to your organization’s event requirements, by the SCC FSS office and included on the agreement. Payment is required before your event.

Your event status will be changed from “Tentative” to “Confirmed” once required documents and payment are received by the SCC FSS office. This detailed reservation update will be emailed to you for final review of your event needs.

Additional Information
  1. In an EMERGENCY call 911 first. Then Public Safety at (480) 423-6175. Then the SCC FSS office.
  2. If by chance the room you reserved is not unlocked when you arrive, please call Public Safety at (480) 423-6175 and they will let you in.
  3. Catering is available through Chartwells on campus. Email is preferred,  Phone (480) 423-6240.
  4. Outside caterers must be approved through SRPMIC Health Department.  The requirements are included in the SRPMIC Special Use Permit packet listed in Step Two.
  5. Adding additional spaces, furniture, equipment, services, or personnel may increase the event fees owed.
  6. Signboards will be placed for your use during your event–we will discuss how many are needed at the time of your reservation. The signboards will hold the signs you create–up to 24×36 inches–and are double sided. Please bring thumbtacks to affix the signs and remove them right after your meeting concluded. Any signs left after your event will be thrown away.
  7. At this time, SCC is unable to rent our Performing Arts Center due to high volume of usage by students, campus, and the District.

The event coordinator for your organization is responsible for:

  • Having a signed copy of your confirmed request and SRPMIC permit(s) and/or license(s) available during your event on campus.
  • Filing all required documents prior to the event.
  • Attending the event as an active participant and staying until tear down is complete.
  • Being responsible for event participants adhering to college regulations.
  • Ensuring that no furniture is moved or borrowed without advance permission from the SCC FSS office.
  • Immediately reporting any problems with your event space to the SCC FSS office.

Additional Information

Chartwells should always be contacted well in advance of your event. Contact them directly by email (preferred) at

Those who do not have it can purchase low cost general liability insurance through Maricopa Community Colleges District as explained at the link below.

PDF: TULIP Insurance


  • MCCCD named as certificate holder:
    Maricopa County Community College District
    2411 W. 14th Street
    Tempe, AZ 85281
    ATTN: Risk Management
  • MCCCD named as an additional insured:
    Maricopa County Community College District, its agents, officers, officials, employees, and volunteers are hereby named as additional insured as their interests may appear. You may also add “SRPMIC” as an additional insured when required for their Special Use Permit and/or SRPMIC Business License.
  • 30-day cancellation notice

The certificate must also include, at a minimum, the following insurance coverage:

  • General Liability (GL) = $1,000,000
  • Automobile Liability (AL) = $1,000,000
  • Workers’ Compensation (WC) = statutory limits. Certain employers may be exempt from Workers’ Compensation. If so, a letter attesting to the exemption must accompany the certificate.

Other types of coverage and limits may be required, depending upon the exposures.

You can check FAQs about the types of coverage needed at:

Questions? Please contact Ruth Unks, Risk Manager at (480) 731-8879.

Mail Certificate to:

Scottsdale Community College, ATTN: Susan Kendall
9000 E Chaparral Road, Scottsdale, AZ  85256-2626

Please have meeting participants park in unmarked spaces only. Tickets may be issued for parking in carpool, designated permit parking, handicapped, or other designated spaces. General information about parking on campus are available at the following link.

Not all spaces are available for rent at SCC. Fees are affected by time, date and complexity of the event. Rental rates are subject to change. Please address questions to the Facilities Scheduling Services office at (480) 423-6506.

SCC Facility Rental Rates

SCC Staffing Equipment Rates

SCC Athletics Facility Rental Rates

There is a four (4) hour minimum for most rentals.

  • Regularly recurring meetings such as weekly meetings cannot be accommodated because MCCCD classes and functions have first priority each semester.
  • Saturday Events must end by 5:00 pm.
  • No food or drink allowed in classrooms.
  • Technology classrooms require advanced preparation and additional fees.
  • No alcohol is permitted on campus.
  • Public Safety has the right to require additional officers be on duty for your event—you will be charged.
  • Most personal parties, weddings, or celebrations cannot be accommodated in our spaces.
  • Smoking and all uses of tobacco (including the use of “e-cigs”) are prohibited from all District owned and leased property and facilities, including but not limited to buildings, parking lots, rooftops, courtyards, plazas, entrance and exit ways, vehicles, sidewalks, common areas and grounds.

1. Signboard Requests: Signboards are assigned as part of your event. The map below shows a number for commonly used locations. These are to be added to your R25 reservation. Our set up team will place the board for you at the locations indicated—but off the sidewalks by District requirement. Bring thumbtacks to add your own sign, poster, or directional signage before the event. Do ensure you remove them right after the event so the next event user has access. Signs left will be added to recyling.
Sandwich Board Map July 2012

2. LED Sign Requests: Announcements to be placed on the LED signs at campus entrances #1 and #3 can be requested by using the following link:

Introduction to SRPMIC Special Use Permit Application:

This is only the first three pages of the application instructions. You will need to contact the SRPMIC office directly to complete their requirement(s). Specifics depend on your business status and type of event.

PDF: SRPMIC Special Use Permit Application - Fillable

March 24, 2011
By Community Development Department, Planning Services Division

Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Special Use Permit Program page 2

Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Special Use Permit Program page 3

Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Special Use Permit Program page 4

Low cost general liability insurance can be purchased through Maricopa Community Colleges District as explained at the link below.

PDF: TULIP Insurance