SOAR for new students
Scottsdale Orientation, Advising and Registration
SOAR is a mandatory 3-hour program for all students who are new to college and are seeking a degree or certificate, or taking general studies classes. All recent high school graduates must attend SOAR, even if you took college classes while in high school.
At SOAR you will:
- Meet other new students.
- Speak with & ask questions to current students.
- Learn of the various resources & services available to new students.
- Meet with an advisor.
- Select and register for your first semester classes*.
*Students must register for class prior to the first class meeting.
Required items for SOAR:
- Printout from the Testing Center of your English, Reading and Math placement test scores (no pending scores)
- Photo ID such as a Driver’s License, State ID or Passport
- Your MEID and password
SOAR Schedule (Updated as of: September 23, 2015)
March 21 – May 25, 2016
Mondays & Wednesdays: Session begins promptly at 3:00pm.
March 23, April 6 and May 4: Session begins promptly at 9:00am.
May 31 – June 23, 2016
Morning and Afternoon Sessions
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays: Session begins promptly at 10:00am.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays: Session begins promptly at 2:30pm.
July and August 2016
To be announced
Location: LIB 463 (Closest parking: Parking Lot D)
Take a look at the campus map to assist with parking and directions: http://bit.ly/SCCCampusMap
Please visit http://bit.ly/SCCSOAR for updates to the SOAR schedule, including July and August dates.
Students beginning college Summer/Fall 2016 will attend SOAR beginning March 2016. Visit www.scottsdalecc.edu/admissions/soar for updates.