SOAR for new students
Scottsdale Orientation, Advising and Registration
SOAR is a mandatory 3-hour program for all students who are new to college and are seeking a degree or certificate, or taking general studies classes. All recent high school graduates must attend SOAR, even if you took college classes while in high school.
At SOAR you will:
- Meet other new students.
- Speak with & ask questions to current students.
- Learn of the various resources & services available to new students.
- Meet with an advisor.
- Select and register for your first semester classes*.
*Students must register for class prior to the first class meeting.
Required items for SOAR:
- Printout from the Testing Center of your English, Reading and Math placement test scores (no pending scores)
- Photo ID such as a Driver’s License, State ID or Passport
- Your MEID and password
SOAR Schedule (Updated as of: September 23, 2015)
October 13 – December 17, 2015 (The college will be closed and there will be no 10am SOAR on November 26)
Tuesdays: Session begins promptly at 12:00pm.
Thursdays: Session begins promptly at 10:00am.
January 4 – January 15, 2016
Mondays & Tuesdays: Session begins promptly at 12:00am.
Wednesdays & Thursdays: Session begins promptly at 10:00am.
Fridays: Session begins promptly at 12:00pm.
Saturday, January 16, 2016: Session begins promptly at 10:00am.
Location: LIB 463 (Formerly LB 103) (Closest parking: Parking Lot D)
Take a look at the campus map to assist with parking and directions: http://bit.ly/SCCCampusMap
Students beginning college Summer/Fall 2016 will attend SOAR beginning March 2016. Visit www.scottsdalecc.edu/admissions/soar for updates.