SOAR for new students
Scottsdale Orientation, Advising and Registration
SOAR is a mandatory 3-hour program for all students who are new to college and are seeking a degree or certificate, or taking general studies classes. All recent high school graduates must attend SOAR, even if you took college classes while in high school.
At SOAR you will:
- Meet other new students.
- Speak with & ask questions to current students.
- Learn of the various resources & services available to new students.
- Meet with an advisor.
- Select and register for your first semester classes*.
*Students must register for class prior to the first class meeting.
Required items for SOAR:
- Printout from the Testing Center of your English, Reading and Math placement test scores (no pending scores)
- Photo ID such as a Driver’s License, State ID or Passport
- Your MEID and password
SOAR Schedule (Updated as of: September 11, 2014)
October 14 – January 15
(There will be NO SOAR sessions held November 11, November 27 or December 19 – January 4)
- Tuesdays: Session begins promptly at 10:00am.
- Thursdays: Session begins promptly at 2:00pm.
- Location: LIB 463 (Formerly LB 103) (Closest parking: Parking Lot D)