SOAR for new students
Scottsdale Orientation, Advising and Registration
SOAR is a mandatory 3-hour program for all students who are new to college and are seeking a degree or certificate, or taking general studies classes. All recent high school graduates must attend SOAR, even if you took college classes while in high school.
At SOAR you will:
- Meet other new students.
- Speak with & ask questions to current students.
- Learn of the various resources & services available to new students.
- Meet with an advisor.
- Select and register for your first semester classes*.
*Students must register for class prior to the first class meeting.
Required items for SOAR:
- Printout from the Testing Center of your English, Reading and Math placement test scores (no pending scores)
- Photo ID such as a Driver’s License, State ID or Passport
- Your MEID and password
SOAR Schedule (Updated as of: December 18, 2014)
There will be NO SOAR sessions held December 19 – January 4
January 5 - 17, 2015
- Mondays and Tuesdays: Session begins promptly at 10:00am.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays: Session begins promptly at 2:00pm.
- Fridays: Session begins promptly at 12:00pm.
- Saturday (January 17 only): Session begins promptly at 10:00am.
- Note the first official day of the Spring semester is January 17. The College will
be closed on Monday, January 19, in observance of Martin Luther King Day.
- Location: LIB 463 (Formerly LB 103) (Closest parking: Parking Lot D)