SOAR for new students
Scottsdale Orientation, Advising and Registration
SOAR is mandatory for all students who are new to college and are seeking a degree or taking general studies courses. All recent high school graduates must attend SOAR even if you took college classes while in high school.
At SOAR you will:
- Meet other new students.
- Speak with & ask questions to current students.
- Learn of the various resources & services available to new students.
- Meet with an advisor and select your first semester classes.
- Register for your first semester classes.
Before you attend SOAR:
- Set up your MEID (username) and password at my.maricopa.edu or at the SCC Welcome Center. Call 1(888) 994-4433 if you need help with your MEID.
- Bring your placement test scores.
- Bring a photo ID such as a Driver’s License, State ID or Passport.
- Bring your MEID and password to register at SOAR.
- No appointment is needed. Expect to be in the session approximately 3 hours.
SOAR Schedule (Updated as of: August 27, 2014)
July 25 – August 29
- Monday – Friday. Session begins at 1:45pm.
- Location: LB 103 (LIB 463) (Closest parking: Parking Lot D)