SOAR for new students
Scottsdale Orientation, Advising and Registration
SOAR is a mandatory 3-hour program for all students who are new to college and are seeking a degree or certificate, or taking general studies classes. All recent high school graduates must attend SOAR, even if you took college classes while in high school.
At SOAR you will:
- Meet other new students.
- Speak with & ask questions to current students.
- Learn of the various resources & services available to new students.
- Meet with an advisor.
- Select and register for your first semester classes*.
*Students must register for class prior to the first class meeting.
Required items for SOAR:
- Student ID #
- Student Center Password (Visit the Welcome Center (SC-118) to set up password)
- Printed copy of your WritePlacer, Reading Comprehension & Math placement test scores from Testing Center (No pending scores)
- Photo ID such as a Driver’s License, State ID or Passport
- Check your online Student Center for any Holds (Visit the Welcome Center (SC-118) for assistance)
SOAR Schedule (Updated as of: September 23, 2015)
March 21 – May 25, 2016
- Mondays & Wednesdays: Session begins promptly at 3:00pm.
May 31 – July 7, 2016
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays: Session begins promptly at 10:00am.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays: Session begins promptly at 2:30pm.
July 11 – August 18, 2016
- Mondays through Thursdays: Session begins promptly at 10:00am.
- Mondays through Thursdays: Session begins promptly at 2:30pm.
- August 12 & August 19: Session begins promptly at 10:00am.
Location: LIB 463 (Closest parking: Parking Lot D)
Take a look at the campus map to assist with parking and directions: http://bit.ly/SCCCampusMap