SOAR for new students
Scottsdale Orientation, Advising and Registration
SOAR is mandatory for all students who are new to college and are seeking a degree or taking general studies courses. All recent high school graduates must attend SOAR even if you took college classes while in high school.
At SOAR you will:
- Meet other new students.
- Speak with & ask questions to current students.
- Learn of the various resources & services available to new students.
- Meet with an advisor and select your first semester classes.
- Register for your first semester classes.
Before you attend SOAR:
- Set up your MEID (username) and password at my.maricopa.edu or at the SCC Welcome Center. Call 1(888) 994-4433 if you need help with your MEID.
- Bring your placement test scores.
- Bring a photo ID such as a Driver’s License, State ID or Passport.
- Bring your MEID and password to register at SOAR.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time to sign in and receive your registration materials. No appointment is needed. Expect to be in the session 3 hours.
October 7 to December 18
- Monday: Check in at 2:45pm - The session runs from 3:00pm to 6:00pm
- Wednesday: Check in at 2:45pm - The session runs from 3:00pm to 6:00pm
January 2 to January 10
- Monday through Friday: Check in at 12:45pm - the session is from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Monday through Thursday: Check in at 2:45pm - the session is from 3:00pm to 6:00pm
- Saturday: Check in at 9:45am - the session is from 10:00am to 1:00pm
All sessions are in CM 469