SCC participates in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan program. The Federal Direct Loan program offers our students and parents a stable, streamlined, and predictable borrowing experience.
What do I need to do?
New and returning student borrowers (who are new to SCC) are required to eSign a Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note and complete Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling. You will have to do this only once while in attendance at SCC. Just because a student completes an MPN does not guarantee receipt of loan funds. Students must also meet all other eligibility criteria and be awarded.
Parents applying for a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan will need to complete a Direct PLUS Loan application and submit SCC's Direct PLUS Loan Request form to the financial aid office. Just because a parent completes an MPN does not guarantee receipt of loan funds. Students and Parents must also meet all other eligibility criteria and be awarded.
- FFEL and Direct Loan Interest Rates
- Find out more information about loan interest rates.
- Income Based Repayment Plan
- Find our more information about the new Income Based Repayment (IBR) Plan for federal student loans.
- NSLDS Student Access
- The National Student Loan Data System contains all of your Title IV aid history.
- In-school Deferments
- It's a good idea to make sure your loans borrowed through other schools are in deferment.