On Campus Employment
There are two types of on-campus employment opportunities for students:
- Federal Work Study jobs are available to students who have applied for and been awarded federal work-study money through the Financial Aid Office.
- Budgeted student jobs are sometimes available on campus for students currently enrolled in coursework. Limited availability varies from department to department.
Off Campus Employment
It takes a lot of work and resources to find the right job. Here are three important steps to follow along with some resources:
Step 1: Prepare for the Job Search
- Resumes & Cover Letters
SCC Resume Packet
SCC Interview Practice Questions
Ready Print Interview
- Company Research
Job Networking Tips
- General Job Resources
The Riley Guide
Step 2: Find the Job Postings
- SCC hosts a job board for local employers who want to hire an SCC student or alumni.
- SCC Online Job Board
- Maricopa Community Colleges partners with Jobing.com to provide you with many employment opportunities throughout Phoenix. Search for jobs or use their job search toolkit.
- Maricopa Career Network
- Other Job Search Links
Step 3: After the Interview
- Follow up with a thank you note to show employers you are willing to go the extra mile.
- Follow-up letters and thank you notes
- Monster Interview Center
- Be prepared when an employer contacts you with a job offer. Know about salaries, benefits, and negotiating strategies.
- Salary & Salary Negotiations
- U.S. News Report