The Academic & Career Advisement Center helps you learn more about the world of work and provides information on how to make informed career decisions through career exploration. Our staff will guide you in discovering your career dreams and will give you direction for making career decisions.
CAREER ASSESSMENT & RESEARCH INFORMATION
The Academic and Career Advisement Center has several resources that help you assess your interests, abilities, and work values so that you can best decide your major and career. We also have multiple ways for you to research information on:
- Job descriptions
- Employment outlook
- Two-year, four-year college and graduate school information
- Personal characteristics helpful for job satisfaction
- College majors and related careers
- Salary information and education levels
If you would like more in-depth career counseling, please contact the Counseling Department for one-on-one sessions. They also offer Career Exploration (CPD102AB) classes. For more information, call them at (480) 423-6524 or visit their website: http://www.scottsdalecc.edu/student-life/counseling-services.
JOB SEARCH PREPARATION
We can also assist you with the techniques and skills necessary to be confident and prepared to get the job you want. Sign up for a Job Search Workshop and get personal assistance and information on the following topics:
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing
- Interviewing & Networking Tips
- Job Search Strategies & Company Research
There are two types of on-campus employment opportunities for students:
- Federal Work Study jobs are available to students who have applied for and been awarded federal work-study money through the Financial Aid Office.
- Budgeted student jobs are sometimes available on campus for students currently enrolled in coursework. Limited availability varies from department to department.
OFF-CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT & INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Valley employers contact us every day looking to hire students and graduates. Also, local businesses and organizations from different industries let us know when they have internships. We help make the connection by offering:
- On-campus recruitment for jobs
- Job and internship listings from local, state and national employers
- Course credit for internships through specific departments on campus