Welcome to the Engineering and Computer Science Department
Our goal is to prepare every student who completes this program and transfers to a university as a junior engineering student for the rigors of a university engineering program.
- To acquire the knowledge, skills, and course credits for most of the first two years toward a baccalaureate degree in engineering. The remaining course work can be completed at one of the state universities in Arizona or out-of-state.
- To upgrade skills or to prepare for transfer on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Gain effective verbal and written communications skills that enable the student to work in a team environment.
- Gain computer applications skills
- Gain science and mathematics skills. Engineering is the application of these skills to the solution of practical problems.
- Gain teaming skills required in today's engineering work environment.
- Gain introductory engineering design experience.
Career Challenges for Engineers
Engineers work in leadership roles to provide practical solutions to many problems facing society. Examples of career challenges include:
- Increased demand of high quality and safety in products
- International competition requiring rapid advancement of technology and lower costs.
- Disposal of waste without polluting the environment.
- Safe disposal and/or recycling of worn-out or obsolete products
- Conservation of dwindling natural resources