Congratulations on choosing to register for an online course at Scottsdale Community College. Follow the steps below for ALL the information you need to register and complete the online courses.
For registering please follow these directions (for best results print the page):
- Find a course under Classes
- Call (480) 423-6100 to register for the course of your choice. The operator will accept payment at the time of registration...$35.00 per course...have your credit/debit card handy. Make sure you provide your phone number and/or your personal E-mail. It may be necessary to contact you regarding completion of the course.
- Payment MUST be made BEFORE you begin the class. Certificates will not be issued until payment has been made.
- Managers, owners, and licensees MUST complete BOTH Basic and Management courses to comply with Arizona requirements.
- The refund policy for non credit courses states the student must drop the class no later than the day prior to the course start date.
- Log on to the Canvas web site.
- In Canvas, enter your MEID click on "Don't Know Your Password?"
- Once you have your new UserID (MEID) and Password enter the web site and click on your new course.
Any difficulty locating your UserID and Password, please call the helpdesk at (480) 423-6274.
Completing your on-line course:
- Read all of the directions in Canvas before beginning the course.
- Once you begin each module you will have as much time as you need.
- The quizzes at the end of each module MUST be completed; however you can also re-take the quizzes as many times as you like to improve your score.
- You can take one module at a time or all at once (if you have 4 hours to spare all at one time).
- Remember that you MUST complete the course BEFORE the ‘End’ date. If you did not complete the course in the allotted time you will have to re-register for another course at your expense…there are no refunds for incomplete course work.
- You MUST complete the course with a 70.0% grade or better. A passing score for the Basic course is 53 points and the Management course requires 40 points.
- After you have completed the course with the required 70.0%, you will receive your Certification by First Class mail (usually within 3 - 4 business days). You do not have to do anything else.
- Should you need it sooner, please call (480) 423-6322 with your FAX number. Or include your FAX number in an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your FAX certificate will be sent within two (2) business days.
- For all other questions please contact us at (480) 423-6322.