The Salt River Junior ACE Program
The Jr. ACE Program is a new collaborative venture involving Scottsdale Community College and the Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community (SRPMIC). The project engages SRPMIC 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade students in a bridge program that benefits them with college related experiences.
Working collectively and responsibly, we help our students recognize and become prepared for post-secondary opportunities.
- To strengthen and continue expectations of education for middle-school students residing within the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community (SRPMIC).
- To increase the high school completion rate of students participating in the Salt River Jr. ACE Program.
- To help the children of SRPMIC become productively, and meaningfully engaged in the local learning process, thus enhancing the community's quality of life as defined by the community.
Jr. ACE Experiences:
Pre-college week activities
- Student and Family Orientation
Jr. ACE College Experience at SCC
- Science Technology Engineering Arts and Math (STEaM)
- Team Building
- Career Exploration
- Goal Setting
- Physical fitness, Nutrition & Wellness
- Community speakers/ Culture
- Field Trips
Post Jr. ACE College Week Retention and Bridge Activities
- Cultural Activities
- Academic support workshops
- Life skills workshops
- Motivational speakers
- College prep workshops
- Family networking activities
- Students must be a member of SRPMIC, live in the SRPMIC, attend SRPMIC schools, or be a returning student or sibiling. (Program participants must be in the 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grades).
- Submit a completed Jr. ACE Application to one of the SRPMIC contacts.
- Attend a mandatory Jr. ACE Student/Parent Orientation.