The Social/Behavioral Science Learning Center (SBLC) has a professional staff and tutors available to help students with most of their SB study needs, either by appointment or on a drop-in basis. The SBLC provides a variety of services which go beyond the traditional practice of tutoring, as well as resources to aid in student learning and success. The primary focus of the SBLC is to help students develop the skills to become independent, effective, and efficient learners.
Please call or email for the hours of our tutors in specific subjects. The SBLC offers tutoring (individual and group) in the following areas:
- Geography (Physical and Cultural)
- Philosophy (Logic)
- Political Science
- Psychology (including Statistics and Research Methods )
As the tutor's role is one of general support, ultimate responsibility for all work as to correctness, completeness, and responsiveness to the instructor's requirements rests with the student.
- Free guidance for computer-based assignments and tutorials (NCSS/SPSS, Canvas, WebAssign, MyPsychLab, MyHistoryLab, MySocLab, MyEconLab, etc.)
- Research support (topic selection, source review and analysis, APA documentation, etc.)
- Advise students on how to communicate effectively with SB faculty and staff
- Word processing/Laser printers
- Internet Access/World Wide Web research
- Study rooms for individual or group study
- DVD's/VCRs for viewing class assignments
- Computer-based assignments and tutorials
- Make-up exams (arranged with instructor)