The Social/Behavioral Learning Center has a professional staff and student tutors who can help students with most of their study needs on a drop-in basis. The SBLC provides a variety of services which go beyond the traditional practice of tutoring. The primary focus of the center is to help students develop the skills to become independent, effective, and efficient learners.
Please call or email for the hours of our tutors of specific subjects. The SBLC offers Tutoring (individual and group) in the following areas:
- Early Childhood Education
- Geography (Physical and Cultural)
- Political Science
- Psychology (including Statistics)
As the tutor's role is one of general support, ultimate responsibility for all work as to correctness, completeness, and responsiveness to the instructor's requirements rests with the student.
- Word processing/Laser printers
- Internet Access/World Wide Web research
- Study rooms for individual or group study
- DVD's/VCRs for viewing class assignments
- Computer-based assignments and tutorials
- Make-up exams (arranged with instructor)