Click on the titles below for more information.
Free Speech (aka: Public Speech/Expression or Non-Commercial, Low Impact Use)
Activities that do not seek to sell or promote a product or service for direct or indirect financial gain and are limited to gatherings of five people or less at any given time; and do not involve machinery, temporary structures, tables, chairs, displays, or electronic equipment, including amplifiers, or the distribution of food products, may use college grounds without providing proof of insurance or paying fees with two (2) days advance notice and space availability. As a limited access public entity, the college reserves the right to choose time, place and conditions of your use. SCC Free Speech Procedures
- You will need to sign a Facility Use Agreement documenting the terms of your use.
- You will be asked to sign-in with our office when you arrive.
- You need to wear a temporary name badge authenticating your presence in the Free Speech area assigned so that students, faculty and staff know you are authorized on campus.
- Speakers may not approach students or stop the flow of traffic. Staff and students may, however, approach them. Representatives must stay within five feet of the assigned location and not move elsewhere on campus.
- You may distribute literature about your subject.
- You may not use tables, chairs, displays or other items as outlined above.