Just starting your new job at Scottsdale Community College?
Begin your employment by completing our online training. Work your way through the training by going through each of the links below. The information contained in these links will help you prepare to do your job more efficiently and safely.
1. People, Places & Things
- Tour the Campus: Tour SCC's campus to find the cafeteria, snack shack, Tech Support, Public Safety, HR, Student Center, and Fitness Center. View our campus maps. Learn about additional campus attractions such as the Two Waters Circle and the Center for Native and Urban Wildlife (CNUW).
- Stay Up-to-Date: What's happening at SCC? Go to the Events Calendar. Not sure when you get paid, or what the deductions are? View the Payroll Deduction Calendar.
- Request a Key: You may be eligible for a building/office/classroom key. Check with your supervisor or department chair for eligibility and he/she will fill out the key request here.
- Parking Permits: Need a parking permit? All board-appremployees who park a vehicle on College property need a parking permit. Learn more about acquiring a parking permit here.
2. Get Connected
Follow the steps below to get connected to your office and to SCC.
- Your Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID) is your key to accessing your personal human resources information on the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) and many other systems. MEID instructions
- Google Apps is the set of communication and calendaring tools adopted by the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD). Use your MEID to sign into Gmail here.
- Get connected with your mobile device. Visit the SCC Google Apps website for step-by-step instructions on how to set up your mobile device.
- Set up your phone.
- The Intranet is for SCC employees only. You will need your MEID and password to access it. The SCC Intranet serves as a communications center for employees, centralizing news and information about the college, campus activities, and employee awards and recognitions. In addition, it provides useful links, forms, and resources to help perform your job duties. Please contact Wade Richardson to schedule a photo for your Google account and employee badge.
- Visit MCCCD's Technology Training Services for helpful guides and resources.
- Use mySCC to access a multitude of software applications, both on and off campus. Learn more about mySCC.
3. Hiring Essentials
Information & Important Forms
Time & Labor
To log your work time, or manage paid time off, use the Time & Labor function in the Human Resources Management System (HRMS). Login to HRMS.
Here are some helpful resources:
- Hourly Employee Time Reporting Quick Reference Guide
- Hourly Employee Time Reporting video tutorial
- Board Approved Employee Time Reporting Quick Reference Guide
- Board Approved Exempt Time Reporting video tutorial
- Board Approved Non Exempt Time Reporting video tutorial
Time & Labor for Managers
If you are a manager new to processing Time & Labor approvals, schedule an appointment in the next day or two with Carlos Flores for important 1-on-1 HRMS training on your manager responsibilities.
If you require an ADA accommodation, connect with Karen Johnson.
4. About SCC
How do We Provide Excellence in Education and Service?
If Dr. Gehler, the SCC President, stopped by and asked you how your job connects to SCC's success, what would you tell her?
5. Next Steps
What Happens Next?
That depends on your job, your employee group category, and the plans your Supervisor or Onboarding Guide have made for your orientation.
Use the My Next Steps Planner
- Download the Next Steps Planner
- Job training and orientation sessions
- Required college and district training
- Meetings to schedule
- Calendar items to post
Again, welcome to SCC! We wish you great job success.